The London Big Band
An 18 piece collective of London’s top session musicians, forming a Big Band like no other.
The London Big Band without a doubt, features some of the greatest and most talented musicians in the UK.
Our musicians have worked with several icons of the industry, such as Björk, Chaka Khan, Cliff Richard, The Drifters, Duran Duran, Eric Clapton, George Michael, Jamie Cullum, Michael Bublé, Elton John, Joss Stone, Paloma Faith, Quincy Jones, Robbie Williams, Shirley Bassey, Tony Hadley, Van Morrison – to name just a few!
You might also have seen them before. Our guys regularly perform on TV, Radio and in orchestra pits across London’s West-End.
If you’re a fan of Saturday night television you may well have also seen them on numerous TV shows such as The X Factor, Britain’s Got Talent, Strictly Come Dancing, The Royal Variety show – the list goes on!
The band is fronted by an impressive selection of the UK’s top performers, including (but not limited to):
• Iain Mackenzie – male vocalist for The Ronnie Scott’s Jazz Orchestra and the BBC Big Band
• Annabel Williams – vocal coach for The X Factor and Britain’s Got Talent, and recently featured with Al Jarreau at Ronnie Scott’s Jazz Club
• Giles Terera – actor (starring in many West End shows), musician, singer, filmmaker
• Miranda Wilford – actress (starring in many West End shows and theatres across the UK), singer, choreographer
• Julie Maguire – actress and singer (doing musical theatre, jazz, rock, pop)
• Damien Flood – actor and singer (starred in many West End and TV shows including Later With Jools Holland, Strictly Come Dancing, The Jonathan Ross Show and The Graham Norton Show)
For an overview of some of our musicians and singers, check out our Musicians page.
Our repertoire is incredibly long and varied. It include’s songs spanning decades of Big Band classics along with a refreshing twist of Funk and Pop just to add a little spice to the mix.
Ultimately, the music we play can be tailored to completely suit your individual requirements, including (but not limited to):
• Pop: from classic 70s pop to the latest hits, anything is possible.
• Jazz & swing: including jazz standards from Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Ella Fitzgerald, as well as modern renditions of Michael Buble to Peggy Lee, Natalie Cole to Paul Anka.
• Funk: for example, Earth Wind & Fire, Stevie Wonder, Al Jarreau, Daft Punk and beyond.
Contact us today to book the best Big Band in London.